[Skip to content]

Your Borough Of Poole

Chargeable Waste


Why are the charges being introduced?

The materials that charges are made for are not classed as household waste and therefore a charge can be made for their disposal. 

Back to top

What items do I have to pay to dispose of and how much?





Soil and rubble

£1.50 per bag or item
Including DIY waste e.g. ceramic basins, toilets and toilet cisterns


£6 per bag
Bonded type only.
Must be wrapped
£12 per sheet


£2.50 per bag
Including gypsum related products.
£10 per sheet

Motor vehicle and motorcycle tyres (can include rims)

£5 per tyre
No charge for bicycle tyres.
No commercial vehicle tyres accepted.

Gas canisters (including fire extinguishers)

£6 - small (up to 10kg)
£11- medium (10kg - 20kg)
£35 - large (more than 20kg) or specialist containers e.g. diving tanks
*These prices are based on current disposal costs and are subject to change in response to changes in market values

Back to top

How can I pay?

When you arrive at the Household Waste Recycling Centre on Nuffield Road, follow the signs from the main entrance and move into the left hand lane at the first corner. You will be asked to show proof of residency (Council Tax bill or Drivers Licence) and asked what materials you have to dispose of.

Payment can be made by debit/credit card (excluding American Express) or cash (up to and including £20 notes) only.

Back to top

What do you mean by ‘bag’ or ‘sheet’?

A bag is a rubble bag no greater than 535mm x 820mm (21 inches x 32 inches). One ceramic basin or one toilet cistern will be charged as one item/bag.
Please take care when removing asbestos and do not break it up unnecessarily. See our webpage for further advice.
A sheet of asbestos is a small domestic roofing sheet or similar. A sheet of plasterboard are those that are sold at DIY stores. 
Back to top

Will there be a restriction on how much soil/rubble that can be brought to the site?

No. There is no limit on the number of bags that can be brought to the site provided payment is made for the amount brought in. Commercial waste is not accepted at the Household Waste Recycling Centre but can be taken to the Waste Transfer Station where a charge will be made at the weighbridge. 

Back to top

Do you have a public weighbridge?

The weighbridge is not available for private use. There are private businesses which may allow private use, please contact them directly.

Back to top

What do you mean by DIY Waste?

Any waste that is disposed of in the soil and rubble skip such as ceramic basins and toilet pans and cisterns. No charge will be made for ceramic plates and plant pots which are classified as household waste – if you have these items you will be asked to put them in a different container.
Back to top