[Skip to content]

Your Borough Of Poole

Greenspace Boundary Maintenance

  • Boundary Maintenance
  • Vegetation Damage to a Property
  • Invasive Weeds
  • Trees - Council Owned

If you have a boundary that backs onto a Greenspace you are responsible for the upkeep of that boundary. This involves the management of vegetation which overhangs into your property, such as trees, or vegetation which you believe impacts on the upkeep of your boundary.

The Borough of Poole allows you to clear vegetation which is affecting a boundary structure such as a wall or fence.  For example you may wish to clear vegetation to paint a fence or remove ivy growing on your boundary wall.  However you may not remove landscaping vegetation which is growing on Council land, or cause unnecessary damage to Council land, or property to gain access to your boundary.

You are responsible for checking the designation of any land, or vegetation such as trees and shrubs which grow upon it prior to undertaking any works.  You are also responsible for the disposal of any green waste you generate.

Vegetation Damage to a property

If you believe that Council owned vegetation is causing damage to your property and you wish to make a claim, please write to Financial Services. You need to provide as much information as possible and you may be required to support your claim with an independent expert's report.

Related pages

Contact us

Report It


01202 261700

Text Relay 
18001 01202 261700

Environmental and Consumer Protection Services
Units 1-2
New Fields Business Park
2 Stinsford Road
BH17 0NF