Before completing your application, it is recommended that you read the following:
You have the right to express a preference for the school you would prefer your child to attend in September 2016.
The published closing dates are:
- Admission to Reception – 15 January 2016
- Transfer to Junior and Middle School – 15 January 2016
- Transfer to Secondary School – 31 October 2015
You must apply to the Local Authority where you live, even if the schools you are applying for are in another area.
There are two ways to make your application:
- By applying online. You must have your own email address to create an account and apply online.
- By completing a paper application form. You can complete a paper application form for transfer to Secondary or Junior/Middle and admission to Reception. All late applications after the closing date must be on a paper form.
If you are resident outside of the Borough of Poole, you should contact your home Local Authority for details of how to apply:
If you wish to apply for a place at a school in Poole on religious grounds, you must download and complete a Supplementary Information Form (SIF).
You need to ask your priest or minister to complete and return it to School Admissions by the published closing date. If you are a Poole resident applying for a school outside of Poole on religious grounds, you must contact the school direct to ask what you need to do.
Applications received after the published closing dates will be processed after all the on time applications. This may mean that regularly over-subscribed schools are full before late applications are considered.
When will I be told about the outcome of my application?
If you apply online you can login to your account and view the result of your application on the notification date.
- Admission to Reception – 18 April 2016
- Transfer to Junior/Middle School – 18 April 2016
- Transfer to Secondary School – 1 March 2016
All parents who have submitted an on time application will be notified of the outcome by post. The letter will be posted by first class mail on the published notification date.
Back to top