The Duke of Edinburgh's Award is a voluntary, non-competitive and flexible programme of cultural and adventurous activities for all young people, whatever their background or ability.
The Award is a four section (five at gold) programme with three levels:
- bronze (for those aged 14 and over);
- silver (for those aged 15 and over); and
- gold (for those aged 16 and over)
The sections involve:
- volunteering (helping people in the community)
- skills (covering almost any hobby, skill or interest)
- physical (sport, dance and fitness)
- expeditions (training for, planning and completing a journey on foot or horseback, by boat or cycle)
- residential Project (Gold Award Only) (a purposeful enterprise with people not previously known to the participant)
It would usually take a participant between 6-12 months to complete a Bronze Award; 12-18 months for a Silver Award and 18-24 months for a Gold Award.
It may take less time for completion of the Silver or Gold Awards if the participant holds the preceding Award. All Awards must be completed by the participant's 25th birthday.
Children, Young People and Learning is the licence holder for the Duke of Edinburgh's Award Scheme in Poole. This means that any club, project or school wishing to run the Award can register their unit with the us.
The Award is largely delivered by a team of over 90 volunteers working in 14 units across the town.
The Open Award Centre is based at Broadstone Youth Centre. If you would like to participate in the award or would like to volunteer to help run the award please contact Broadstone Youth Centre on 01202 697303.
If you would like to become a registered unit please contact email@example.com.
- Borough of Poole Open Award's Centre
- Bournemouth and Poole College
- Carter Community School
- CAW DofE (closed group)
- Corfe Hills School
- Langside School
- Magna Academy
- Montacute School
- Quay School
- Parkstone Grammar School
- Parkstone Sea Cadets
- Poole Grammar School
- Poole High School
- St Aldhelm's Academy
- St Edward's School
- Victoria Education Centre
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org on 01202 262287 or Broadstone Youth Centre on 01202 697303 or alternatively visit the official Duke of Edinburgh's Award website.