We provide a lively community resource used by a variety of agencies, groups and organisations to provide services that benefit both children and their families. The families and professionals using the centre are impressed by the genuine warm welcome they receive and the positive atmosphere that the centre has.
The centre is currently used for:
- Ted Webster Children's centre
Children's Centre activities
- Community paediatrician clinics
Youth offending referral order panels
- A weekly drop-in toy library open to all (more information below)
- A contact centre for children not living with their parents and subject to social services involvement
- The Poole Domestic Violence Project running a daily drop-in service for victims of domestic violence
- Co-ordinating and supplying services by the Young Carers Officer for children who have caring responsibilities for a parent or sibling with health problems or a disability
- Some assessments with Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
- One-to-one appointments with the Young Adults Drug and Alcohol Service (YADAS)
Ted's Toy Library is a friendly meeting place for parents and carers with children where you can meet others and learn about local services. It is a great social group for adults as well as children who meet weekly on Friday mornings from 9.30am - 11.30am at the Ted Webster Family Centre.
The toy library offers good quality toys for children to play with and which can be borrowed for use at home.You can try out toys and hire them out for a minimal fee for up to 3 weeks. Toys on offer include:
- Imaginative toys - to encourage language, creative and role play skills
- Manipulative toys - encourage co-ordination and concentration
- Games - to encourage concentration, language and turn taking skills
- Musical toys - to develop rhythm and language
- Large play toys - to encourage co-ordination and balance
- Equal opportunity toys - to encourage awareness of race, disability and culture
One childminder who attends quotes: "I enjoy going to the toy library because I can try out new toys or get additional resources for special themed weeks and activity days."
For further information please use the contact details on the right of this page.
Back to Top