- Family support and health services
- Working in partnership to deliver good quality early learning integrated with day care provision
- Information and advice for parents
- Base for Childminding
- Support for children and parents with special needs
- Links with Jobcentre Plus, training and education
- Opportunities to meet other parents
You can watch a video about Children's Centres.
The Family Information Directory has more information about Children's Centres in your area, including monthly activity programmes.
Family Outreach Referrals
Referrals for one-to-one family outreach can be made by any professional or by self referral.
Reasons for referral can vary from supporting the family to access the Children's Centre, to behaviour management, housing issues, domestic abuse issues, concerns around parental use of drugs/alcohol and mental health issues.
The Request For Involvement (RFI) form enables professionals and parents to have one point of entry to their local Children's Centre if they require additional involvement, support, or services to help improve outcomes for families with a child under five.
This may include outcomes around:
- Child and Family Health and Life Chances
- Child Development and School Readiness
- Parenting Aspirations and Parenting Skills
RFI’s will be allocated fortnightly. The Children's Centre Family Outreach Worker will make contact with the family within 10 days of being allocated the RFI. For more information/advice prior to completing an RFI form please contact your local Children's Centre or read our RFI Guidelines.
Back to top